Laparoscopically to remove undescended testical.
The SVS Oncology services are staffed by Dr. Kevin Choy, BVSc (Hons), DACVIM-Oncology in Kirkland and Dr. Nick Szigetvari, DVM, Practice limited to Oncology at our downtown Seattle location. Our overall goal is to offer hope through the preservation, extension and improvement of quality of life in dogs and cats with cancer. We strive to meet these goals through individualized and cutting-edge diagnostic and treatment plans specific to the needs of each cancer patient and their caregiver. These may include conventional chemotherapy, newer tumor-targeting agents, surgery, immunotherapy, or combinations of several of these available modalities. Importantly, palliative or supportive care options are also offered. In addition, novel investigational therapies are available in our hospital through involvement in local and national cancer treatment trials for patients whose tumors may not be responding to standard treatment approaches.
Our services ability to collaborate among our emergency doctors, as well as with other specialists in this hospital, significantly expands the available knowledge expertise, elevates patient care to the highest level, and greatly improves your companion's access to state of the art and compassionate cancer care. The oncology service also works closely with local referring veterinarians to provide the best healthcare options for cancer patients while maintaining convenience for you and your family.
"Our overall focus is to provide the best healthcare options through compassionate, individualized and cutting-edge diagnostic and treatment plans specific to the needs of each cancer patient and their caregiver"
- Advanced cancer diagnostic and biopsy techniques
- Advanced cancer imaging (e.g., In hospital ultrasound, computed tomography [CT] Magnetic Resonance Imaging [MRI])
- Targeted molecular-based therapies (e.g., tyrosine kinase inhibitors, antiangiogenic therapy)
- Immunotherapy (e.g., specific anticancer vaccines, general immunostimulants)
- Surgical Oncology
- In-hospital access to nationally funded veterinary cancer clinical trials
- Regional access to radiation therapy
- Palliative/supportive care, including hospice referral
- Access to complimentary/alternative approaches
Common cancers treated at SVS-Oncology
- Lymphoma (white blood cell cancer)
- Mast cell tumors (and other skin tumors)
- Osteosarcoma (bone cancer)
- Malignant melanoma
- Soft tissue sarcomas
- Endocrine tumors (e.g., thyroid, adrenal)
- Anal gland adenocarcinoma
- Squamous cell carcinoma
- Primary lung tumors
- Bladder cancer
- Mammary gland cancer
- Brain Tumors
"Compassionate, Cutting-edge Cancer Care"